Magic needs to be nourished. As we spend a good chunk of our time at the office, it is important to feel comfortable. Feeling comfortable translates almost immediately into food, especially here in the Mediterranean. From personal experience working in online gaming companies over the years, most have the best intentions and like to treat their staff. Particularly the ones with Swedish roots, naturally have a high standard regarding employee satisfaction.
When I worked at my first online gaming company, we used to order a cake every time there was a birthday. When I started, we had around 20 of staff. About 2 years later this number increased to 200. The amount of cake a week was becoming ridiculous. Luckily more and more companies seem to acknowledge that the effects of sugar pushing are only short-lived and not contributing anything in the long run.
Happy employee = higher productivity = better atmosphere
That’s why the WIS kitchen is fully equipped with good stuff. Lunch orders are taken every week for the week to come. At our offices, we have vegetarians, gluten intolerants and other dietary requests. Besides lunch orders, we have a shopping list for anything you might feel be missing. You want it, you`ll get it. Part of our mission is also to teach our people something they don`t know yet and to make them better, improve their lifestyle and health.
Our kitchen is equipped with many healthy alternatives
- dark chocolate instead of normal chocolate
- oat flakes instead of the sweet cornflakes
- coconut oil instead of vegetable oil
- nuts and dry fruit besides sweets
- hemp protein instead of whey protein powder
- himalayan salt instead of ordinary table salt
- natural honey as a sugar replacement
- natural unsweetened peanut butter, as it’s a much healthier option to a regular peanut butter
- also powdered peanut butter (which is a healthier option to any ordinary peanut butter)
- any kind of alternative milk such as rice milk, oat milk, and almond milk
- erythritol as a sugar replacement
- fresh fruits, besides sweets
And yes, we also offer fresh orange juice, every day!
Did we mention we make fresh smoothies every day?
In case we forgot to mention, fresh smoothies are made daily. No one is forced into this role, so it’s all coming in naturally. Yet our true queen of smoothies is Agnieszka. It wouldn’t be fair to leave her out of this article. Here is a quote from her: